On Wings Like a Dove, Inc. is asking that you pack a plastic Treasure box with the suggested items for the child of a prisoner/prodigal parent included. On Wings Like a Dove will attach the proper sticker for a girl or boy as the boxes arrive. If you are preparing the box yourself, attach a note indication the gender and age group of your box.
You are welcome to drop boxes off at our office on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 10:00-2:00 pm at 455 South Church St., Winston-Salem, N.C.
Items To Consider Including
Toys: Bear, soft toy, tennis ball, finger puppet, jigsaw, yo-yo, build blocks, small musical instrument. For boys: trucks and cars. For girls: dolls, clip on earrings, etc.
Educational Supplies: Felt pens, pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, eraser, colouring book, notepad, picture or puzzle book, chalk, pencil case, stickers, etc.
Hygiene Items Toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, comb, hair clips, bar of soap, flannel, etc.
Other Items: Sweets (sell-by date to be at least March of the following year), gloves, scarf, sunglasses, cap, hat, bangles, necklaces etc.
All gifts should be new, please include items from each category.
Please note the items we do not wish to be included in the Treasure boxes:
- No Food, especially chocolate. Non-chocolate sweets are allowed
- No medicine or vitamins of any kind
- No war related items (ie. toy guns, soldiers or knives of any kind)
- No clothing other than listed above
- No fragile items (ie. glass containers, mirrors)
- No liquids including blow bubbles, shampoo, bubble bath, toiletry sets or aerosols
- No dangerous items, sharp objects, scissors or razors
- No novels
- Nothing of a political nature
You may include a personal note from your family of encouragement and love.